The Launceston Cup
HOSTED BY Launceston CHESS CLUB
Swinging Gate Vineyard, 103 Glendale Road, Sidmouth
7 round Swiss. 25 minutes, plus 10 seconds per move, per player.
Saturday the 18th of November:
- Opening Ceremony - 10:00 am
- Round 1 Start - 10:30 am
- Round 2 Start - 12:00 noon
- Lunch Break - 1:00 pm (details below)
- Round 3 Start - 2:00 pm
- Round 4 Start - 3:30 pm
- Dinner - 5:00 pm (details below)
- Lightning Tournament
Sunday the 19th of November:
- Round 5 Start - 9:00 am
- Round 6 Start - 10:30 am
- Round 7 Start - 12:00 noon
- Closing Ceremony - 1:00 pm
- $35 Adults (18 and over)
- $10 Juniors (under 18)
Entry fees may be paid on the day.
Pre-payments can be paid by credit card using the TCA Web Store.
Tasmanian players add $20 if not a current member of a club affiliated to the TCA
Cash prizes awarded to the top 3 place getters and best junior. Prizes are 90% of all entry fees. Top 3 adult finishers will also receive a bottle of wine from the Swinging Gate Vineyard.
To be appointed.
No Half-Point byes are available for this tournament.
FIDE Laws 2014 apply – ringing mobiles will incur automatic loss. Entrants agree to abide by all decisions of the organisers and arbiters. The organisers reserve the right to make any changes required.
Lunch & Dinner:
Lunch and Dinner options are available for a small fee. Please advise the DOP before the event if you wish to attend either or both of these meals.
- Saturday Lunch $10 – Two homemade buns (beef, pork or vegetarian), a salad and a dessert bun
- Saturday Dinner $15 – BBQ gourmet sausages and salad for.