Tasmanian Chess Association Executive Meeting 24th of June 2016 Agenda
(as at 20th of July 2016)
1. Welcome and Introductions
3. Motion to accept the minutes of the executive meeting (13th of June 2016)
4. Review of actions arising from the Annual General Meeting (13th of March 2016)
a. TCA Webmaster to fix broken profile links on TCA web page. – Closed
b. All club and TCA executive profiles to be updated and completed – club representatives to liaise with TCA Webmaster on this. – Ongoing
c. TCA Webmaster to create an appropriate link from the DCC home page to the DCC thread on Chess Chat. – Closed
d. TCA Webmaster to contact the Burnie Chess Club, specifically Ian Rout and Dylan Kuzmic, regarding this issue. – Closed
e. TCA Webmaster to contact the BCC regarding a webmaster contact. – Closed
5. Review of actions arising from the executive meeting (13th of June 2016)
a. Denis McMahon and Ian Little to consult on new state title eligibility rules, taking into consideration the thoughts and opinions of the executive. Ian Little to circulate such rule(s) to the executive. Discussion, and a motion to accept such rule(s), will be conducted via e-mail at that time. – Closed
b. TCA Webmaster to remove all instances of Chess from the Tasmanian Transfer-Chess Championship and henceforth refer to it as the Tasmanian Transfer Championship only. – Closed
6. Motions Moved in Advance (by e-mail)
Moved Kevin Bonham
That the TCA makes the following rulings concerning the eligibility of Martin Friebe for state title events in 2016:
- that the TCA’s eligibility rules for state titles, as most recently codified in March 2000, have always been valid and have been correctly applied in all relevant cases, including the 2016 Tasmanian Championships and 2016 Tasmanian Lightning.
- that Martin Friebe was not eligible for either title under these rules as they stood at the time these events were held.
- that the TCA now believes the eligibility rules should be significantly changed for future events, and is reviewing them.
- that in view of its desire to change the rules as prompted by Martin’s case, the TCA wishes to retrospectively add Martin Friebe to the list of champions for these two events
- that this has no impact on the completely valid titles already won by other players for these events.
- that on this basis Martin Friebe and Denis McMahon are 2016 Tasmanian Lightning Champions, and Martin Friebe, Ian Little, Kevin Bonham, and Karl Manzer are 2016 Tasmanian Champions.
- that Martin Friebe is eligible to compete for the title of 2016 Tasmanian Rapid Champion.
- that all rulings made under this motion are final.
Motion carried (2 yes, 1 no, 1 abstain)
Moved Kevin Bonham
- That the TCA recognise Reg Harvey for 2011 and 2016 and Alex Nagy for 2015 as Tasmanian Senior Champions.
Motion carried (4 yes, 0 no, 0 abstain)
Moved Denis McMahon
- That the TCA adopt the attached State Title Eligibility Policy
Motion carried (3 yes, 1 no, 0 abstain)
7. Launceston Chess Club Affiliation
a. Application attached.